On 2006/05/22 11:14, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> The problem with the ports version of php, and I did try that
> the first time I setup the box, was the dependency list was huge

On OpenBSD, ports are mostly there to build packages, rather than for
typical software-installation. As such the php port by default produces
the full set of multi-packages for each of the options (postgresql,
sybase, odbc, imap, ldap, [...]).

If you have a reason to build from ports, ports(7) is required reading,
see the sections on FLAVORS and MULTI_PACKAGES in particular; but unless
you're modifying the source code or Makefiles, just set PKG_PATH and
pkg_add away.

"The OpenBSD ports team considers packages to be the goal of their porting
work".
-- http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq15.html