On Tuesday 23 May 2006 12.56, S t i n g r a y wrote:
> I want to do traffic shaping as per protocol basis so
> if i give a certian bandwith to HTTP protocole , isnt
> there any way i can diffrenciate between HTTP webpages
> & HTTP downloads of huge .iso files ?
> i dont want users who are downloading huge files
> effect userrs who are only checking their webmails.
>
> is there any way ?
>
> *:$., 88,.$:*(((*$ Stingray *:$., 88,.$:*((*$
> http://mail.yahoo.com

Correct me if I am wrong.. But you can differentiate shaping of traffic of the
same protocol if it has different Type Of Service. You can for example give
higher priority to SSH shell and lower the priority of scp bulk file
transfers as they have different TOS. Don't know if there exist anything like
it for HTTP (don't think so). If it doesn't exist you probably have to find
another way (not in PF).

Or you could have the ISO downloads from a different IP.

/Per-Olov
--
GPG keyID: 4DB283CE
GPG fingerprint: 45E8 3D0E DE05 B714 D549 45BC CFB4 BBE9 4DB2 83CE