On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 07:46:52PM -0500, Jose Hugo Barradas Culebro wrote:
[snip]

> this is an image of where the installation gets frozen.
>
> http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j225/ddtrebel/DSC05922.jpg

Does the system hang at "pcons at mainbus0 not configured" for a bit and
then display (sluggishly) and then eventually the rest?  I've noticed
similar problems on Netra AC200/Sun Fire V120, but only with recent
OpenBoot/PROM patches.  Our V100s don't seem to be affected.  Try:

1. Set autoboot to false.
2. pull all USB devices (including keyboard, mouse)
3. pull out extra PCI cards
4. attach a serial console to ttya
5. cold-boot the server by attaching the power cord & key = on
6. at the ok prompt, boot the cdrom manually

I've found this to reliably work with our V120s and recent PROM patches.
If that works, you are seeing the same problem I see.  I'm
semi-conviced it's a PROM bug, as other OpenBSD users don't see similar
problems with older version of the PROM on AC200s/V120s.

Let me know how that goes.  I'm interested, as I see similar problems at
times.

--
adam