Adam wrote:
Hello,

I have an odd problem with my 3.9 server. I can not seem to push more than 2.5 - 3.0 mbps per connection over the Internet to hosts. I've tested this with scp, apache/httpd, and lighttpd. I've also tried this with PF on and off, resulting in no difference at all. I have tried filtering packets in PF and redirecting to another host. That works fine and I've been able to pull 8.3 mbps over the Internet without a problem.

Also, just for reference, the server is on a 100M line in a datacenter so I'm not running out of bandwidth. When I did my tests, things were completely idle and I was the only client creating traffic at the time.

I'm quit stumped with this. There doesn't appear to be any errors, but there is definitely some sort of glass ceiling that I'm running in to.

Try this:
http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq6.html#Tuning
'specially 6.6.4...

As you indicated, it doesn't seem to improve performance when FILTERING
packets going between two other machines, only when OpenBSD machines are
the endpoints.  The difference can be dramatic over a WAN.  Or completely
non-existent for most people.

(thanks for the dmesg! :)

Nick.