Joco Salvatti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'd like to know if it's possible to configure `ls' to list files
> using colors.

Install the colorls package, make sure your terminal supports
color and TERM is set appropriately, and use something like
alias ls='colorls -G'.

> I use ksh as default shell. I have also noticed that
> when logged in the X server, when I open a xterm and do `su root' my
> ksh doesn't read my profile.

Apart from the issue what's a login shell and what isn't, you can
also point the environment variable ENV to a file that each instance
of ksh will read.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]