On Fri, 26 May 2006, Gaby vanhegan wrote:
> I see.  What about running them on separate IP addresses (both still
> on the same machine)?  Or do they need to be on different physical
> interfaces?  Should I use a separate package, such as ftpsesame?  Is
> there any way round this problem?

Using rules with "user" and/or "group" is the only robust solution to this
problem.

ftpsesame may work but is raceable, especially if you run it on the same
machine as the server.  With raceable I mean that it may add a pass rule
too late.  (but if you only need it to make passive mode work, it's
probably alright: the clients on the internet don't react that fast)

> I'm curious though, what prevents them from being run on the same
> machine?

The NAT rules that ftp-proxy adds to the anchors don't work properly in
this case.

--
Cam