From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Antoine Jacoutot
Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 3:04 AM
To: Martin Toft
Cc: misc@openbsd.org
Subject: Re: xmms does not run smoothly

On Sun, 21 May 2006, Martin Toft wrote:
> Actually, I already use the option "read info on load", so I do not
> experience freezes when scrolling my playlist. However, the freezes
appear
> frequently anyway, e.g. when xmms opens a dialog that reads directory
> information from the disk, and therefore still annoys me. I suspect
"my
> version" of the problem is a bit different from what other people
report,
> since the execution of heavy programs, such as Mozilla Firefox and
> Thunderbird, also disturbs xmms and causes short lags in the sound.

I've been experiencing the exact same problem you describe. I've never
looked for a solution though since I always took OpenBSD for a server
operating system. I have a Linux box lying around for when I want to
listen to music, play videos...

Maybe the new kernel threads will make the problem go away, I have no
idea.

Regards,

--
Antoine