Giancarlo Razzolini wrote:
> Raja Subramanian wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I now have multiple WAN links from my OpenBSD box.  I've followed
>> the pf pools faq and can successfully load balance outgoing traffic
>> on all links.
>>
>> But I'm unable to load balance ftp-proxy traffic, and FTP only goes
>> through my default gateway on my OpenBSD router.  I can understand
>> why this is not working with the pools faq ruleset, but I don't know how
>> to make it work.
>>
>> Are there any work arounds?
>>
>> Thanks for any help offered!
>>
>> - Raja
>>

> As all traffic is nated to the firewall address, you can load balance
> traffic with source ip address of the firewall. But, i might warn you: i
> did this, and it didn't worked. I even submitted a bug report, without
> answer. It seems that the kernel panics if you try to load balance
> traffic from the firewall itself. At least it did with me in 3.8, didn't
> tested again with 3.9. But you can try for yourself. Try load balancing
> traffic with source ip address of your border interfaces, the ones that
> go to the internet. But consider yourself warned, that it might not work.
>
> My regards,
> --
> Giancarlo Razzolini
> Linux User 172199
> Moleque Sem Conteudo Numero #002
> Slackware Current
> OpenBSD Stable
> Snike Tecnologia em Informatica
> 4386 2A6F FFD4 4D5F 5842  6EA0 7ABE BBAB 9C0E 6B85
>
> [demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature which
> had a name of signature.asc]

I did do load balancing with squid-caching only http request and i learn
that if you proxy the ftp with ftp-proxy the new paquet will apper to
come from you default route, what i have to do it wat appling route-to
rules to http request and i have to tell squid to form the paquet with
another source ip.