I had already send this bug report a week ago but since than a could
not figure out the solution for this error, so i decided to reinstall
the system, but with no change, the bad behave is still present. When
i want to transfer a file from a client machine, when the transfer
reaches 40%-60% the transfer suddenly hangs and after a while it says
"Transfer failed". After 4-5 retries finaly a can make the transfer
complete, but sometimes i just can't  transfer anything regardles how
often i try. I had the same problem with OpenBSD 3.8 this is why a
decided to try 3.9 I also tried to change the ftp server to vsftpd
but with the same result, so it is not an ftp server bug. I have also
disabled the pf firewall, and i'm not using any ftp proxy. In logs
does not appear anything. I have looked with "top" command and the
ftp server is idle and the WAIT column shows "netio". To me it looks
like somehow the connection was reset, but i can't figure out how
since this is the default install of OpenBSD. I do not think that
this is a lan card driver problem since the external interface uses
Realtek card and the internal interface has  a Surecom lan card. The
box wich is running the ftp server is not a busy machine, it just
part of a home network with a BSD machine and a windows client
machine. I have also tried to use a Linux client and with the same
result. The netstat -m command output looks normal to me, with 60%
use of mbufs. The box wich is runnimg OpenBSD is an AcerPower machine
with PIII 350 Mhz CPU and 512 RAM, 20GB HDD. In the future i was
planning to install OpenBSD as a server replacing an old Redhat 7.2
system, but it is vital to function the ftp transfer.

Love cheap thrills? Enjoy PC-to-Phone  calls to 30+ countries for just 2"/min
with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.