My 3.9 workstation has started locking up on me several times a day. The box itself has been in use for months. It may be a coincidence that the problem started shortly after upgrading from 3.8.

I've set ddb.panic=1 and ddb.log=1, but each lock-up just freezes the system and leaves no clues in dmesg or /var/crash. It almost always happens under somewhat heavy load. Other than swapping out various bits of hardware, which would involve buying new bits, are there any other man pages or useful documents that might help me figure out what the problem is? Is this a typical bad RAM scenario? I don't expect someone to solve this problem for me, but any pointers to useful information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-- Ian