On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 08:01:16PM +0200, Otto Moerbeek wrote:

> There are a couple of reasons why you can see alternating
> positive/negative adjustments:
>
> 1. Your time reference is wobbling.
> 2. Your clock is wobbling.
> 3. In some cases ntpd overcompensates. This is especially true for
> large adjustments.

I have seen a fair amount of all three. My favorite setup these days is
to find a machine that has a decent clock, and will keep time through a
reboot, and config ntpd there to use outside servers. Then I sync my
other boxes to that one. That seems to give the most stable time for all
my machines.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]   |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
http://www.stilyagin.com/  |