On 6/9/06, Miod Vallat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Boot device: /[EMAIL PROTECTED],0/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/[EMAIL
PROTECTED]/SUNW,[EMAIL PROTECTED]/[EMAIL PROTECTED],0:a  File and args:
> Boot load failed.
> The file just loaded does not appear to be executable
>
> I didn't had this problem booting from CD (recorded from cd39.iso).

U5 and U10 can not boot off SCSI controllers (except for some 53c8xx-based
adapters, which your SUNW,isptwo is not).

Hi Miod,

Thanks for your input.
This Ultra5 machine had Solaris 2.6 installed in this same config. As
I'm a complete newbie on SPARC, I wondering what was the hack that
previously allowed Solaris to boot.

--
Fernando M. Braga