Nick Holland wrote:
Monah Baki wrote:
Hi all,

I'm trying to apply the latest patch for sendmail and on my "make", I get
the following error:
OpenBSD 3.9-current (GENERIC) #685: Mon Apr 10 14:00:41 MDT 2006
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC

Patches are for RELEASE. Not -current. You are running a -current, so you are committed to running -current, your (only) option is to upgrade to the most recent snapshot...which will have the fix, and you won't have to compile anything.

eh...
In *this case*, there are other options.
But I'm not going to detail those. I don't like special cases... especially when it might encourage people to do things wrong and think they got away with it.

Nick.