On 20/06/06, Gilles Chehade <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 16:28:28 +0100
"Constantine A. Murenin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 20/06/06, Gilles Chehade <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 16:07:25 +0100
> > "Constantine A. Murenin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I'm running an sshd on port 53 (domain) as there is some
> > > convenient wireless hot-spot that allows for both udp and tcp
> > > connection on this port without any authentication. :)
> > >
> > > (Yes, there is not even a need for NSTX!)
> > >
> > > How do I tell my named(8) to only listen on udp ports, and leave
> > > tcp ports for sshd(8)? Is this at all possible with named.conf
> > > alone? I've glanced through named.conf(5), but didn't find the
> > > desired option there...
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Constantine.
> > >

> > can't you just use PF to redirect ?
>
> I was thinking about that, but I wanted to make it more "proper". :)

well, you are trying to do something quite disgusting, pf is probably
the most elegant way to do that ;)

The machine in question doesn't run pf, and the DSL router that it is
connected to doesn't have the option to change ports... :(

So I'd like to settle this with named alone. :)

Thanks,
Constantine.