Hi,

I'm wondering whether it's possible to have dhcpd give out addresses more
randomly and changing the addresses more for hosts that renew their lease.
I don't understand DHCP too well but I'm trying to make sense of the RFC.

Is it not wanted that hosts on DHCP enjoy a random IP?  Or is use of DHCP
mainly for making configuration of hosts easier in a large network?

In my setup here at home the router changes addresses frequently (this has
many benefits, such as deterring people from using static ip's on the wifi)
however I'd like the DHCP clients to enjoy a rather ever changing address
as well, I've set the leases to 10 seconds or so but the other host seems to
not want to move away from the IP it was given.  I was hoping it would pick
an IP out of the range option in dhcpd.conf.

Thanks for feedback,

-peter