On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 03:07:04PM -0400, Matt Singerman wrote:
> Argh, things have gone from bad to worse.
>
> So I rebooted the machine on a whim, thinking that maybe the network
> debacle from earlier could be cleared up by a simple reboot.  No go.
> And now, if pf is enabled, no traffic can flow anywhere.  If it's
> disabled, the machine acts simply as a bridge.
>
> I am obviously in over my head here.  I have not used OpenBSD
> extensively in the past.  I have used FreeBSD and ipfw, so I am
> familiar with the general concepts of *nix systems and firewalls.  All
> I want if for traffic to flow from the outside world to the switch and
> servers beyond accoridng to the rules laid out in pf, and to be able
> to access the machine via ssh.  Whether or not it is configured as a
> bridge is not important to me.  Can anyone hold my hand on how to
> effectively bring this about, or point me to a simple guide to
> configuring a basic firewall with OpenBSD?  Thanks again for all the
> help today.

Probably the easiest thing would be to rename your exising config files
for later reference, then start from scratch with very simple configs.
Read these...

http://www.openbsd.org/faq/

specifically http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq6.html#Bridge

http://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/

(at the end are some example rulesets to get you started)

Once you have basic functionality, then you can begin going over the old
configs. Understand what the old configs were trying to accomplish, add
parts back in where appropriate.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]   |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
http://www.stilyagin.com/  |