On 2006/06/27 00:05, Denny White wrote:
> But, when I try to ssh in from either obsd box to the windows
> box from a regular terminal window, I get in, but after that,
> the screen is blank.

Not an OpenBSD issue... change the default prompt on the cygwin box
for something more sensible without escape-sequences (theirs is kept
in /etc/profile, just override it in your ~).

> Only way to get the terminal window back is to exit
> all the way out, not just from the ssh login to windows
> box, but all the way out, and then log back on to the obsd
> box.

That resets the terminal which clears the problem.
Try "printf '\ec'", which should do about the same thing.
If you do this from the cygwin session it'll probably send
the same escape-sequence and confuse things again.

> Had another box running FreeBSD 5.4 with identical ttys set
> up and was able to login to the windows box from a terminal
> window okay. Thanks for any help.

FreeBSD != OpenBSD. Unlike different Linux distributions,
they are totally different OS. In particular (in this case),
the tty emulation is provided by different software.