SSL certificates for a hostname requires a unique IP address.  Are you
trying to do virtual name hosting with https?

On 6/27/06, FTP <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 08:30:29AM -0700, Scott Francis wrote:
> On 6/26/06, FTP <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >Hi there,
> >
> >I was trying to start Apache in SSL mode and I did follow the
> >http://openbsd.org/faq/faq10.html#HTTPS steps. After that I issued
> >"apachectl startssl" and everything went fine.
> >
> >Now, when I point to the https://<IP-address> from my server I get an
> >"unable to connect error"!
> >
> >What did I do wrong?
> >
> >In the ssl_engine_log I get: "Configuring server new.host.name:443 for SSL
> >protocol". This server has no domain assigned. Did I do something wrong in
> >the certs?
>
> no, but you probably neglected to edit /var/www/conf/httpd.conf
> appropriately (ServerName and NameVirtualHost come to mind, as well as
> the appropriate name-specific parts of the SSL config in the same
> file). ssl_engine_log probably won't give you the info you need here;
> take a look at your access_log and error_log.
> --
> [EMAIL PROTECTED],darkuncle.net} || 0x5537F527
>    encrypted email to the latter address please
>    http://darkuncle.net/pubkey.asc for public key

Thanks for your reply.

Well, the error_log doesn't get any message. Also, the regular http does show
the web page without having the IP address in the http.conf file. Why doesn't
this work with SSL as well?
Certs etc. are in the correct path.

Thanks

George