To: "OpenBSD Misc" <misc@openbsd.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2006 7:33 AM
Subject: Re: sasync questions

On Jun 28, 2006, at 6:16 AM, Joachim Schipper wrote:

On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 04:15:58PM -0300, James Mackinnon wrote:
Hey all

I'm here setting up a nice little setup with 2 3.9 OBSD boxes using pfsync and
it works great.

I'm now at the point to create tunnels to other systems which need to use sasync but not finding alot of documentation regarding sasync at this time.

I've check the FAQ and did googlin in hopes to find a dry step by step on it.

If anyone has done this, can they share a step by step.

I'm hoping to save some time and then I can do some detailed testing and put
this into my network when all is done.

Anyhow, any input would be great.

As Darren mentioned, this has improved a lot in -current; in fact, not
only the man pages, but the code itself as well. Upgrade before trying
this, or it will be quite painful - quite a few bugs have been  squashed
since 3.9.

As to a HOWTO-style document, I don't have one and they aren't too
popular here. sasyncd.conf(5) is small enough, though, that it  shouldn't
be too difficult to come up with a functioning configuration.

Setting up sasyncd is very simple. There is a basic example towards the end of my slides from the 2005 NYC BSD CON.

http://www.nycbsdcon.org/downloads/NYCBSDCON_failover.pdf

--
Jason Dixon
DixonGroup Consulting