Howdy misc@

Though I stayed out of the last public fiasco regarding HiFn here on the
misc@ list, I privately contacted the people I know at the company. I
didn't reply just to Hank Cohen who posted here on misc@ but I also
included the VP of engineering (Russ Dietz), the CEO (Chris Kebner) and
the VP of marketing (Tom Moore).

I just got a call this afternoon from Tom Moore to let me know they've
set up an anon FTP site (no registration) with their documentation:

ftp://ftp.hifn.com

This should take care of any of the long standing issues OpenBSD has had
with the HiFn's procedures for releasing documentation.

I was told HiFn is still working on their new ftp site, so I'm not sure
how complete it is at the moment but at least we know there's a start
and they are willing to continue working on it.

Please check out the readme on the FTP. Basically it says if you wish to
automatically get the HiFn updates/errata/notifications, you should
probably sign up for the HiFn "extranet" thing. You don't have to but
you can if you want.

Kind Regards,
JCR

--
Free, Open Source CAD, CAM and EDA Tools
http://www.DesignTools.org