On 7/4/06, mike <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Tue, 4 Jul 2006 00:34:53 -0700 (PDT) Rob Baldassano wrote:
> I have been running OpenBSD 3.6 since the day it came out, and am now
> in need up going to 3.9

why don't you start here:
http://www.openbsd.org/faq/upgrade39.html

Please be careful with this piece of advice.

From the OP's present release (3.6) to the latest release (3.9), it is
probably easier to perform a full backup of your system and install a
fresh system onto the drive.

Upgrades are supported between releases immediately following it (i.e.
3.6 to 3.7; 3.7 to 3.8, 3.8 to 3.9, etc.) and not in larger steps. The
instructions explicitly state so.

From 3.6, your upgrade path either runs through 3.7, 3.8 towards 3.9
or through a full backup, towards 3.9 and a restore of your user data.
As you should make backups anyway (also for upgrades) and practice
your restore procedures regularly, I recommend doing a fresh install.

Cheers,

Rogier

--
If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there.