On 2006/07/04 16:49, Rahul Sharma wrote:
> Whenever I delete dhcpd.leases and again create it via touch command then it
> does not create the list of clients that are assigned the dynamic IP's.

The manual tells you exactly when this is written:

 "Before dhcpd grants a lease to a host, it records the lease in
this file and makes sure that the contents of the file are flushed
to disk."

> Also i wanted to know the behaviour of dhcpd when an IP lease is finished.
> i.e. whether the name of the client(MAC address) and IP will be removed from
> the dhcpd.leases file or not.

What are you actually trying to accomplish?

Learning? Well, you'll learn better if you try it for yourself.
Set a short lease-time, renew the lease on a client, and see what
happens...

Something in particular? It's better to describe what you're
trying to do and people can make better suggestions.