Sorry, I didn't fully comprehend you e-mail (that's what I get for
reading my openbsd mail at work!) the first time around.

Have you attempted to write a script that gets the network address for
a host via `whois` and start expanding the "blacklist"?

For instance, monitor your logs for repeated attempts, and add that IP
to a list.  Then "grow" your denial subnet.  Start denying traffic
from the \30 network around that address, then up it to \29, then \28,
etc etc until you've effectively cut out the offending network.

The problem is that the offender my have a \26 network, but their IP
is part of a \16 network that has been privately subnetted.  So it's
difficult to say "ok, jerk.com has xxx.yyy.zzz.xyz IP, and that
belongs to xxx.yyy\16 network, so I'll block out all 65 thousand
addresses."