I just tested running hexdump -x on two different systems.  One system is a
macppc and the other and amd64.  On the same file the order (endian) of the
hexpairs are swapped.  Is this supposed to be like that?

If there was an effort to make hexdump -x endian safe, which order should it
prefer (little or big)?  And if it shouldn't be changed is there a chance for
an extra flag that would make it endian-safe?

-peter

--
Here my ticker tape .signature #### My name is Peter Philipp #### lynx -dump
"http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Pufferfish&oldid=20768394"; | sed -n