On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 20:27:42 +0200
Mackan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi list!
>
> Is there any UTF-8-aware text editor (for terminal use) available
> for OpenBSD? Vi(m) and similar is out of question for me, I never
> learned those.
>
> I tried to compile latest nano from CVS, which support UTF-8, but
> with no luck. I get configure errors saying that my curses don't
> support unicode.
>
> Using 3.9/i386 with GENERIC.
>
> Suggestions anyone?

I am using mcedit which is a part of Midnight Commander (mc). It is based upon
cooledit which supports unicode. You can install it by using "pkg_add mc" or
from ports.

I work a lot with DocBook in UTF8 and I normally use Quanta+ but occasionally I
need to make a quick change from a terminal. I then use mcedit. I find mcedit
extremely user friendly and very easy to use. It has a very nice "drop" down
menu if you press F9, which for example gives you spelling check via ISpell.

Best and kind regards,
Rico