>> ello,
>>
>> I have searched the net and what I found isn't that good.
>>
>> >From the linux people I found that AX88772 L should be supported by
>> their usbnet driver.
>> On the other side I found a guy (using linux) having the same device
>> (and thus the same problem as I have)
>>
>> At asix I found the following site
>> http://www.asix.com.tw/products.php?op=pItemdetail&PItemID=86;71;101&PLine=71
>>
>> They say that their chip is supported under linux with the usbnet driver.
>>
>> The only difference I see between what I have and what I found in the
>> net is the name of the chipset: everyone talks about AX88772 L and I
>> have AX88772 LF (you see the "F"? )
>>
>> I think, I write a email to D-LINK and Asix,
>>
>> cheers
>>
>> guido
>
> The letters are probably package sizes of the chip rather than
> revisions.
>
> More likely something like the gpio twiddling needs to be improved
> in the driver if the diff I sent is not working.

Hello Jonathan,

I must admit, I don't know what you exactly are talking about (gpio
twiddling :-)

I got an answer from axis, I think I can post it here:

> Dear Guido:
> Thank you for your question. AX88772 L and AX88772 LF are all support
> Linux driver. D-Link can't support Linux driver because they has
> different PID and VID at their new device.
>
> You should find out their PID and VID so that you can add it to Linux
> driver.

As often, they only talk about linux.
I think, that is exactly what your diff has done.
The guy from axis included the source code of the usbnet.c driver, which
contains a lot of functions with ax88772 in their names.

If it helps, I can forward it to you.

One thing, if you don't have the time to improve the driver: I really
don't need it, better use your time for important things ;-)

Nevertheless, thanks for your help

guido