[ skipped ]

On Sun, Jul 16, 2006 at 01:22:51AM +0200, Peter Philipp wrote:
>> Just from the fact that you make all those request for new leases makes you
>> stand out.
>And?  The ISP cannot do anything.  They can write a new clause to their EULA
>that re-connecting within X amount of time is excessive and forbidden, and
>notify the customer on that, so that they may adjust their settings.

Comcast, cable service. Request new IP as much as you want, you gonna
get the same one. May be the xDSL people need to patch their software to
cache MAC addresses or physical connection identifier.

If I were an ISP admin, and I found out there is somone requesting a new
IP every minute (or every hour for that matter), the first thing I'd do is
I'd start looking how to prevent it.

[ skipped ]

Thanks,
    Pawel.

Bye.
--
 Pawel S. Veselov [vps], Sun Microsystems, Inc.
 Staff Engineer, Java Mobile Systems and Services Engineering __ __(O) _ __