On Mon, Jul 17, 2006 at 11:44:43PM -0700, Rob Baldassano wrote:
> I'm working on a low budget, so I can't even afford the cost of the CD's
> being sent to me :(
>   However, I am running into a problem....
>   I am attempting to install OpenBSD onto an eMachines system, however, I can
> not get the BIOS to come up so that I can tell it to boot from floppy, and
> the information I have for creating the Boot CD's is... well, lacking for one
> who isn't the strongest in System Administration skills.
>
>   So,
>   Is there anyone out there that could provide me with the instructions on
> how to create a bootable CD from Windows, so that I can boot from the CD, and
> have the install media on the CD itself as well?

You've had good suggestions about burning CDs...

Why can't you get into the BIOS? Is it password locked? Normally
eMachines will flash a quick text screen, then show the eMachines splash
screen. When the splash screen shows up press the "Del" key and you
should get BIOS setup.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]   |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
http://www.stilyagin.com/  |