Hi,

Reading Through

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amd64#FreeBSD

under OpenBSD it says
2004. Complete in-tree support for the platform was achieved prior to
the hardware's initial release due to AMD's loaning of several
machines for the project's hackathon that year. OpenBSD developers
have taken to the platform because of its use of the NX bit, which
allowed for an easy implementation of the W^X feature.

The code for the AMD64 port of OpenBSD also runs on the Intel
processors with EM64T support which contain cloned support for the
AMD64 extensions, but since Intel left out support for the page table
NX bit in early EM64T processors, there is no W^X support on those
Intel CPUs; later Intel EM64T processors added support for the NX bit
under the name "XD bit". SMP is supported on OpenBSD's AMD64 port,
starting with release 3.6 on November 1st, 200

Some time back Theo had mentioned in

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openbsd-misc&m=112260154519936&w=2

Our W^X support is just as solid on i386 as it is on
amd64, because on all our platforms we are very careful with the
mapping of X and W objects.  The i386 does fine.

so does this mean that W^X support was available on EM64T
processorseven before XD bit was added if you use OpenBSD?

may be if it is true some one more knowledgeable can edit the
wikipedia entry to make it clearer :-)

Thankyou so much

Kind Regards

Siju