On Mon, 17 Jul 2006, Otto Moerbeek wrote:

Another thing is to move to larger block and fragment sizes. Depending
on the size distribution of your files, this will waste some space,
though.

I tested 1TB filesystems with varying block and fragment sizes, and it
is really nice to see the speedup of newfs anf fsck.

Thank you for your response but could you tell me some
examples I could try because I've no idea what kind of values
to test with newfs?

I already tried `newfs -b 65536 -f 8192 -o time` but I didn't notice
any speed improvement with `time fsck`.

PS. the machine has 256M of DDR ram, Seagate Barracuda 7200.8
200G sata-1 connected to Via VT8237 controller.

--
Antti Harri