On 7/23/06, NetNeanderthal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On my todo list are the following:

Put in a PCI video card or attach to the onboard header to have a look
at the BIOS information, but I don't have the necessary parts/pieces
on-hand at the moment.

For the record, I am posting a pinout of the VGA header (J16).  Using
a 2x8 female header and 0.1" leads attached to a 15-pin DSUB connector
works great and was quite simple to construct.  Pin 1 is closest to
the front right corner of the chassis (or the rear corner of the PCI
slot), in the event that its description is not silkscreened to the
mainboard.  I used a spare joystick mainboard connector (snip)
soldered to a 15-pin female VGA DSUB connector (snip snip).

1 - RED (Red Video)
2 - GREEN (Green Video)
3 - BLUE (Blue Video)
4 - ID2 (Monitor ID Bit #2)
5 - GND (Ground)
6 - RGND (Red Ground)
7 - GGND (Green Ground)
8 - BGND (Blue Ground)
9 - unused (unused)
10 - SGND (Sync Ground)
11 - ID0 (Monitor ID Bit #0)
12 - ID1 (Monitor ID Bit #1)
13 - HSYNC (Horizontal Sync)
14 - VSYNC (Vertical Sync)
15 - ID3 (Monitor ID Bit #3)

I haven't managed to get a pinout on what I *think* are the PS2
connectors so that's still a wash; however, I will have access to a
USB PCI card soon -- perhaps I can glean more info from the BIOS using
this.  At the moment, I can tell that it's an Award BIOS version
4.51PG, with some kind of Nortel identifier under that: 'NII
100-A5-0108-BB'