On 7/25/06, Paul Maurer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Do these floppy images just not have the right drivers enabled?  Do
I need to install from the bootable CD?  Or will that not work
either, because my hardware is unsupported?

Let me know if you have any ideas for me to try or need any more
information.  The shell works fine and I can execute commands, just no
netowrk (can transfer data via ext2 floppy).  I should note that this
particular laptop cannot have the floppy drive and cd drive in at the same
time: they use the same atapi slot.

In these cases, I recommend removing the hard disk from the laptop,
place it in a desktop machine, installing openbsd onto it, and put it
back in the laptop.

A $5 dongle can be had at most computer shops for plugging in a
standard IDE ribbon and a power cable to a laptop hard drive. I can
provide a link if needed.

I think there are probobly USB carriers for laptop drives as well,
though proboboly more expensive than the $5 IDE dongles I know of.

Also I think you need somebody to answer wether:
"Texas Instruments PCI1130 CardBus" rev 0x04

is supported in the full GENERIC kernel

good luck.