We should convince both the Free Software Foundation and the Open
Source Initiative that "Lucent Public License Version 1.02" is not a
free software license. Mainly based in Theo's arguments*.

This paragraph says it all:

And come on it says "certain responsibilities".  Good god.  Are you
people dumb to accept such a term in a legal document?  It is like
"your house mortgage can be considered invalid in certain situations
and then we own your house".

A BSD future for that compiler is not guaranteed, but I think a free
software future is. I don't think Lucent would step back. Maybe they
will use a copyleft license, but I think that would be much better
than now.

* [9fans] The new ridiculous license
http://9fans.net/archive/2003/06/270