On Friday 28 July 2006 21:49, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> simple end-user install on the Windows side

I'd have to disagree with this. OpenVPN on Windows isn't nearly as end-user
friendly and easy to install as, say, TheGreenbow IPSec client.

> you can bridge an ethernet to a remote Windows box (helps with
> some MS protocols)

Hmm...is this why I can't get SMB "workgroup browsing" to work using IPSec?
Even if you have  WINS server?

> per-user authentication (rather than per-host)

If you use certificates isakmpd does per-user authentication. The downside is
that getting certificates to work isn't exactly a walk in the park.

---
Lars Hansson