On 8/1/06, andrew fresh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I am in need the ability to run a script when a cd is inserted.  I am
not finding any way of getting notified when that happens, so I am
asking here.  If not, I can just loop cdio info and check for a disk.

Is there something that will run a script when I insert a CD?

I never checked for CD's, but hotplugd might say something when it is
inserted, I know it works for USB disks.

If it doesn't, and you write a patch to make it say something, it
might be appreciated.

Of course, I would never do anything with it. But for headless
systems, it might be nice 'feature' for very certain situations.

Never mentioned what you need it for..