Matthew R. Dempsky wrote:
On Tue, Aug 01, 2006 at 11:24:17PM +0200, Michal Soltys wrote:
icmp's replies would go through loopback in such case.

Really? I got the impression from tcpdump that traffic from sk0 to sk1 (whether ICMP request or reply) always went over the ethernet cable while traffic from sk1 to sk0 did not.

I meant the case of the first ping - you requests were sent through cable, but not replies . I think I know why you have this "assymetrical" situation, but I must check it myself first, before posting further.

The output of ``tcpdump -i sk0'' shows only and all packets that were sent through or received from sk0's PHY, right?

Yes.