On Wed, 2 Aug 2006, NetNeanderthal wrote:

> On 8/2/06, Diana Eichert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Thank you for your concerns, but I can honestly say I have access to some
> > of the best machine tools in the world.
>
> You're welcome, and I've blessed every last soothsayer's soul that has
> told me exactly that!   Nevertheless, I suppose your ... response
> merits a reply.
>

> > yeah, 'neat' factor, let's me play with things I also do at work.
>
> So using a USB device with an external connector and a biquad affixed
> to a DVB dish is considered production gear now-a-days?  That's quite

Ahhh, but who ever said I worked in a "production" environment?  Your
words, not mine.  I work in a place where 10G NICs are passe, in fact I
have a couple of pre-production Intel 10G with "Engineering Sample"
labels on them sitting on my desktop.  We like to do things with commodity
hardware, well let's just say that are "interesting", right now we want to
push wireless across a "desert", with gear we don't care about losing.

anyway, have fun

diana