On 8/4/06, Diana Eichert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have a bktr(4) card with an onboard NTSC tuner.  I can't control
the bktr(4) setup channel and broadcast type because there is no radio(4)
device attached, probably? because the auto-detect of the tuner failed?
My plan is to pull the card, and verify what tuner is on it.  Then build a
new kernel based on GENERIC adding option BKTR_OVERRIDE_TUNER and possibly
option BKTR_OVERRIDE_CARD to see if I can get a radio(4) device attached.

As previously mentioned, I never had to go that far and under ideal
circumstances it should just autodetect and attach; however, that the
options exist hints that the developer(s) thought the autodetection
routine was less than perfect.  IMHO, it's a bit of a reach, but I
would still make the attempt in a reversed situation.

I can't help you much with video capture from a shell.