On 8/9/06, Danny Cautaert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 2006-08-10, Riley McIntire <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> can't open and lock /var/db/dhclient.leases.sis0: No such file or directory
> Exiting

> swap /var mfs rw,noauto,-P=/proto/var,-s=32768,noexec,nosuid,nodev 0 0

You defined /var as noauto, as a result it only gets mounted in line 260 of
/etc/rc which is after /etc/netstart (line 252), instead of by the mount -a on
line 201.

Aha! Duh! Yes, it does help. Thanks. The ``noauto'' was a recommended
solution to /var getting mounted twice without it.  Which I
implemented without first figuring out why.

Hmmm, so line 201, ``mount -a -t nonfs'' gets all non nfs mounts. Line
259 & 260 get nfs mounts of /usr and /var, after starting the network.
But there would still be a problem with an nfs mount'd /var if
dhclient was used, no? And with  an mfs ``mount /var'' succeeds twice.

Anyway it looks like I can comment the ``mount /var > /dev/null 2>&1''
safely to resolve the dhclient issue.

Thanks again,

Riley
--
"Education: The ability to listen to almost anything without losing
your temper or self confidence." - -- Robert Frost