On 8/21/06, Robert Urban <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
using a simple test program to write sequential blocks to a file, optionally
opening with O_SYNC, I've tested write performance to a MegaRAID logical
drive . . .

All tests performed with O_SYNC, to avoid bufcache interaction.

The performance, at least to my perhaps naive eyes, seems abysmal.
I'm getting 1.2MB/sec on the RAID-5 logical drive.

Have you tried your test on any other controller?
Do you have bonnie++ results for this controller?

I have a pair of Dell 2850 servers with PERC 4e/Di,
if these are similar enough I can run tests (RAID0 and RAID1).

Kevin