[Bleat bleat.. "Don't install the compiler it makes it a "little bit safer"]

[Bleat bleat "No it doesn't make a difference"]

Mooseapples. Both herds are wrong. *Not* having the compiler makes the system
*Less* secure, because it's more of a PITA for the admin to apply fixes. Doesn't matter in the microsoft case but definately does int the free world. I have yet
to see a box running free software in production without compilers where
updates to software were not delayed or put off because the compiler wasn't
there and it required extra fscking around. This is less secure.

The attacker doesn't give a shit if the compiler isn't there.  They have much
higher motivation and work ethic than most sysadmins.

Not having the compiler makes it *Less* secure.  I spank people for not
installing it without a very good reason.

 -Bob

--
#!/usr/bin/perl
if ((not 0 && not 1) !=  (! 0 && ! 1)) {