2006/8/30, Stuart Henderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
On 2006/08/30 19:35, Samuel Moqux wrote:
> I need a bridge over the internet in case the long fiber link between
> our main and secondary datacenter fails (bandwidth difference is huge,
> but it would suffice for our critical apps). STP is necessary for
> obvius reasons.

Can't you run a routed connection over gif(4) instead of bridging?
Then you can just use OSPF.

Some apps need to be on the same subnet (SNA, and propietary
redundancy protocols), but others don't. Probably putting those on a
different subnet would configure a saner environment. OpenVPN sounds
interesting, though.

Thanks!!