Of
> Joachim Schipper
> Sent: 01 September 2006 03:12 PM
> To: misc@openbsd.org
> Subject: Re: DVD to distribute OpenBSD Packages (Re: about signing
OpenBSD
> packages)
>
> On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 09:50:34AM +0800, Tito Mari Francis Esca?o
wrote:
> > On 9/1/06, Madars <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >...I do trust the packages that are on the CDs, but as
> > >space is limited, you can't put all of them there.
> > Does the OpenBSD project consider the use of DVD to distribute the
> > package set on a per architecture basis?
> > IMHO can be in line with the project's objective of distributing the
> > OS (and packages?) in CD (or in this case, DVD) sets to support the
> > project.
> > On the buyer's side, it guarantees the reliability/authenticity of
the
> > packages; on the project's side, it's a new way of distributing OS
> > support applications.
>
> Now *that* would suck. Most of my i386 boxes won't read a DVD, and I'm
> fairly certain that getting a sparc to read a DVD isn't as easy as
> making a i386 do the same.
>
>               Joachim

At least it could be a choice. Pay a little more and get a cd set on DVD
instead of cd. I'm sure it would be no problem to set up a local ftp
server for those sparc boxes either.

One thing's for sure, there are some places where downloading the
remaining packages from the net is still a financially prohibitive
exercise,