On Sun, Sep 03, 2006 at 12:57:52AM +0100, Edd Barrett wrote:
> Hiya,
>
> I decided to bite the bullet and test a 4.0 snapshot. Seems great so far.
>
> Seems the guys over at amarok have replaced gstreamer with xine to decode
> compressed formats. In the old gstreamer config section you could specify a
> new sound device, which I did because I use a USB audio device. However it
> seems this option does not exist for the new xine engine.
>
> Does anyone know how to change the device,

I have two sound cards as well.
I generally change things directly at the system level.

Namely, all this code is using /dev/audio, /dev/mixer and /dev/sound.

But these three devices are just links. They normally pointer to /dev/foo0
you can just make them point to /dev/foo1, and be done with it.

The good thing is that this fixes all audio apps, not just amarok, without
having to tweak anything else.