On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 10:39:31PM +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I`ve some questions related to the upcomming 4.0 Release.
>
> I`ve read that SpeedStep was deactivated for SMP.
> Could somebody explain me why this was done?
>
> I`ve read some AMD announcements and they`ll produce (this year maybe
> even) a 4 Core CPU. And as advantage they`ve pointed out that Cores could
> get deactivated or run with different Speeds to save Energy.
> This would be in fact an advantage and will appear even for home-users
> some day I think.

This has been discussed already, I believe in the last week. Search the
archives.

> Something else:
> cdio(1) can now perform track-at-once burning and rewritable blanking.
>
> Is it planed to create a own CD Burn application on OpenBSD?
> I`ve read a lot peoples do have problems with cdrtools (lets name it
> Debian and others) and even forked cdrtools. But except of this cdio
> provides a lot functionality already and now burning support was added too
> that`s why I ask.

To the best of my knowledge, cdio *is* a CD burning application.

> OpenBSD does not support a large amount of memory, as far as I know.
> Link: http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/openbsd/2004-11/2964.html

This has recently changed.

> I didn`t found somethign wich mentions this on the plus.html
> So: Is that fixed now? I`ve 2GB RAM and would like to buy some more (AMD64).

Yes, this should work.

> Last but not least:
> Has Henning something in the backhand?
> He owns openhttpd.org for some months now.. :)

People are making all sorts of speculations, but I am not aware of the
answer.

Nothing happens on the CVS list, though, and presumably Henning is busy
enough already.

                Joachim