Hello,

On Thu, 22.06.2006 at 12:49:22 +0200, Henning Brauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I haven't seen stability problems with mysql on OpenBSD in a long time.
> not even on sparc64.

then you are very lucky, imho.

On a variety of OpenBSD boxes, and with a variety of MySQL versions, I
experience random crashes or, mostly, hangs where the server does not
respond anymore, but also doesn't crash. In such cases, a violent kill
and a restart of the MySQL server is required to get going again. This
is from 3.7 to 3.9 with MySQL versions from 4.0.x to 5.0.x (from
ports), all on several i386 machines with different (PC-) hardware,
with _low_ traffic and _ample_ resources (enough to hold all databases
in RAM).

When pushed, I see like 10 (15?) queries a second, but on average, I
see less than 1 query every two seconds.

> Unless you're really pushing the limits, performance is not much of a
> problem either. with really extreme load, our threading library
> shows why we wanna go for rthreads. for the vast majority of uses out
> there, you will not see a difference.

I very much hope to see a significant difference (or otherwise, more
apps that don't depend as much on MySQL).

Best,
--Toni++