Gustavo Rios wrote:
Hey folks,

On 6/20/06, Jesse Gumm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
It's good, but if it's a multiprocessor machine, OpenBSD won't take
full advantage of the other processors with MySQL since MySQL is
multi-threaded.  But it's stable, and runs reasonably fast (and you
are assured the system is more secure, being OpenBSD and all).

My only concern, then, is really if it's a multiprocessor machine, and
you need breakneck performance, you might want to consider running
MySQL on FreeBSD with linuxthreads.

And mine, is that if do need performance with mysql,  you would want
Solaris lastest version. Its multithreaded support rocks the house.
Even FreeBSD isn't even close to Solaris. That's the experience i had,
of course.

Then use what you see fit for your requirements. No one is forcing anyone to use OpenBSD for this. But stop spreading FUD as to MySQL is not stable or have less performance on OpenBSD. That simply BULL!

I guess the difference is may be the one that are stable did look into their setup and configure it for their needs...

This recurring MySQL FUD shit drive me nuts!

Sorry guys, I had to let it out.

If you don't like running it on OpenBSD, then DON'T!

But saying it shouldn't, or couldn't because it's not stable, or efficient, is simply a lack of understanding and homework and simply spread FUD!

Best,

Daniel