On 9/18/06, Francois Visconte <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello,

You can create a chrooted environment for another ssh server:
 1/ ldd sshd and sftp-server binaries and copy dependencies
 2/ copy
/etc/{group,hosts,passwd,protocols,pwd.db,resolv.conf,services,ttys} and
/bin/{cat,pwd,rm,sh} into your chroot
 3/ modify /etc/ files to change users groups ...
 3bis/ run pwd_mkdb(8) with appropriate options to regenerate password
db into your chrooted env
 4/ create devices /dev/{log,null,random,...} in your chrooted env
 5/ configure your ssh server to listen on another port than 22 if there
is already one on this machine
 6/ put "chroot /my_chroot /usr/sbin/sshd" in your rc.local
 7/ make a script to apply userland upgrades to your chroot env

For each user ? Noo it's not for me.

...Or....
You can create a systrace policy for a sshd instance dedicated to sftp
service

This sems to be better way.
Whatever, it will be nice to have builtin chroot in sftp-sever. Such
in ftpd. But I suppose it's technicaly impossible.

Thanks for help
Bambero

Cheers,
Frangois Visconte