On 9/18/06, Brian Shackelford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
While a web-based solution would be more than ideal - I think what I
have will work.  What our clients need is a piece of software that
doesn't require much user interaction - even Putty would be hard to
convince them to use.  So we hide everything behind a pretty GUI and do
the same things through a custom written app.

Please feel free to tear my every simple plan to shreds....I can take
it.

My current plan is to create some small wrapper for the plink.exe
program. The website will publish an "temporary-session.ssh" file with
an either OneTime password or an private key (which will be removed at
some point).

Its probably smartest to use one time passwords ?

The small wrapper tool will open the .ssh file, start plink with
nessecary paramters, and logon to an authpf shell.

Maybe have the wrapper program detect some proxy settings and we'll
have a nice web gateway!