On 2006/09/19 10:27, Spruell, Darren-Perot wrote:
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > I am trying to get soekris box boot with information to the
> > console, but no success so far.

Primary suspect is the cable. If speeds were wrong, you'd see
something like random characters. You should be able to connect the
cable between two standard PCs and run terminal software on each,
type characters on one and see them come out of the other.

Be sure you're using a null modem adapter or cable ("laplink cable"
will often substitute), this is not the same thing as a "gender
changer". Specifically pins 2 and 3 must be crossed-over, pin 5
straight through.

> > I am doing this in my workstation and the only message i see
> > is "connectec".
> >
> > Does any body have any tips ?
> >
> > # cu -l cua00 -s 19200
> > Connected
>
> Take a look at the comments in /etc/remote. You probably want tty instead of
> cua.

other way round; cua is callout, tty is for attaching terminals to.
See tty(4). It matters most when you share a device between tty and
callout.